Bloomsburg Music Therapy now offers services via Telehealth!
- Group and individual music therapy sessions via HIPAA-compliant platform
- Program development consultation for Skilled Nursing Facilities, Long Term Care, and Retirement Communities.
- Music and health reserach consultation
Individual Music Therapy
All ages & abilities can succeed in music therapy!
- Mental health
- Parent/Infant bonding
- Parkinson’s disease
- Pain management
- Respiratory support
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)/Concussion
- Early Intervention
Group Music Therapy
Bloomsburg Music Therapy comes to you!
- Music-based social support groups for individuals with dementia
- Small groups for early childhood development
- Parkinson’s therapeutic singing group
- Drug & alcohol group experiences for partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient treatment
- Inpatient psychiatric
Team building, support groups, special events
- Hands-on music experiences
- Tips for using music to improve health and wellness
- Staff development activities
What is Music Therapy?
“Music Therapy is the clinical and evidence-based use of music interventions to accomplish individualized goals within a therapeutic relationship by a credentialed professional who has completed an approved music therapy program.” – American Music Therapy Association
- The Magic Within the Music: What I Love About Being a Music TherapistAs if by magic, I have the privilege of getting to see the best in people in music therapy. I see the joy, the creativity, the humor, the passion, and the quirks that make people who they are. But it isn’t magic- it’s MUSIC. The glorious connection that occurs within the music, whether it’s spiritual,… Continue reading The Magic Within the Music: What I Love About Being a Music Therapist
- Hemiparesis & Restoration of Motor Function in Chronic Stroke – What’s Music Therapy Got to Do With It?March 1st is International Music Therapy Day! What a great day for a blog post! A few months ago, I posted about music therapy in stroke rehabilitation in general. Since there are so many ways music therapy can help people recover from a stroke, I thought it might be useful to dive in to each… Continue reading Hemiparesis & Restoration of Motor Function in Chronic Stroke – What’s Music Therapy Got to Do With It?