Virtually, at your home or residence, or at BMT’s clinic in Berwick.
Virtual services available:
Individual Music Therapy
All ages & abilities can succeed in music therapy!
- Parkinson’s disease
- Dementia Stroke
- Mental health
- Pain management
- Respiratory support
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)/Concussion
- Early Intervention
Group Music Therapy
Bloomsburg Music Therapy comes to you!
- Music Therapy for People with Dementia
- Small groups for early childhood development
- Parkinson’s therapeutic singing group
- Drug & alcohol group music therapy for in-patient, partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient treatment
- Inpatient psychiatric
Team building, support groups, special events
- Hands-on music experiences
- Take-home tips for using music to improve health and wellness
- Staff development activities
- Group and individual music therapy sessions via HIPAA-compliant platform
- Program development and music & memory consultation for Skilled Nursing Facilities, Long Term Care, and Retirement Communities.
- Music and health reserach consultation
- Singercise – a research-based therapeutic singing program for people with Parkinson’s disease and their carepartners
What is Music Therapy?
“Music Therapy is the clinical and evidence-based use of music interventions to accomplish individualized goals within a therapeutic relationship by a credentialed professional who has completed an approved music therapy program.” – American Music Therapy Association
- Music as a Tool in Daily LifeOne of the first questions I ask new clients is, “how do you use music?” Usually, people respond by saying they listen to music in the car, or perhaps they might use music during exercise or while cleaning. Many people use music as a sort of back drop or backing track, if you will, as… Continue reading Music as a Tool in Daily Life
- The Magic Within the Music: What I Love About Being a Music TherapistAs if by magic, I have the privilege of getting to see the best in people in music therapy. I see the joy, the creativity, the humor, the passion, and the quirks that make people who they are. But it isn’t magic- it’s MUSIC. The glorious connection that occurs within the music, whether it’s spiritual,… Continue reading The Magic Within the Music: What I Love About Being a Music Therapist