Individual Music Therapy
All ages & abilities can succeed in music therapy!
- Mental health
- Parent/Infant bonding
- Parkinson’s disease
- Pain management
- Respiratory support
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)/Concussion
- Early Intervention
Group Music Therapy
Bloomsburg Music Therapy comes to you!
- Music-based social support groups for individuals with dementia
- Small groups for early childhood development
- Parkinson’s therapeutic singing group
- Drug & alcohol group experiences for partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient treatment
- Inpatient psychiatric
Team building, support groups, special events
- Hands-on music experiences
- Tips for using music to improve health and wellness
- Staff development activities
What is Music Therapy?
“Music Therapy is the clinical and evidence-based use of music interventions to accomplish individualized goals within a therapeutic relationship by a credentialed professional who has completed an approved music therapy program.” – American Music Therapy Association
- Singercise – Parkinson’s Therapeutic Singing programAlysha Suley, MM, MT-BC of Bloomsburg Music Therapy has partnered with the Lewisburg YMCA at the Miller Center to offer a new program for people with Parkinson’s disease to improve speech intelligibility, increase vocal intensity, improve respiration and swallowing, and reduce feelings of isolation. The program, offered completely free of charge to all participants thanks… Continue reading Singercise – Parkinson’s Therapeutic Singing program
- HopeI’m a person who runs on hope. I don’t mean that I’m just an optimist; I am fueled by hope. I am motivated by the potential, and driven by the endless possibilities I can see just over the horizon. One of my favorite things about the profession of music therapy is that we get to… Continue reading Hope