Bloomsburg Music Therapy now offers services via Telehealth!
- Group and individual music therapy sessions via HIPAA-compliant platform
- Program development consultation for Skilled Nursing Facilities, Long Term Care, and Retirement Communities.
- Music and health reserach consultation
Individual Music Therapy
All ages & abilities can succeed in music therapy!
- Mental health
- Parent/Infant bonding
- Parkinson’s disease
- Pain management
- Respiratory support
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)/Concussion
- Early Intervention
Group Music Therapy
Bloomsburg Music Therapy comes to you!
- Music-based social support groups for individuals with dementia
- Small groups for early childhood development
- Parkinson’s therapeutic singing group
- Drug & alcohol group experiences for partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient treatment
- Inpatient psychiatric
Team building, support groups, special events
- Hands-on music experiences
- Tips for using music to improve health and wellness
- Staff development activities
What is Music Therapy?
“Music Therapy is the clinical and evidence-based use of music interventions to accomplish individualized goals within a therapeutic relationship by a credentialed professional who has completed an approved music therapy program.” – American Music Therapy Association
- Why I Decided to Become a Music Therapist: Music Therapy & DementiaMy first exposure to music therapy was in a day program for individuals with dementia. I had never imagined that I would someday become a music therapist; I thought I would play flute in a world-class symphony orchestra, but once I witnessed the power of music therapy, there was no going back. Durin my first… Continue reading Why I Decided to Become a Music Therapist: Music Therapy & Dementia
- Music therapy can aid in post-stroke cognitive, speech, and motor rehabilitation, assist in mood regulation, and help individuals navigate difficult emotional changes and challengesEach time I hear a story of someone’s beloved family member or friend who suffered a stroke, and never spoke again, I am left wondering if music therapy could have made a difference. I think of all the lives affected by the tragedy, loss, heartache, and the frustration of losing the ability to communicate effectively,… Continue reading Music therapy can aid in post-stroke cognitive, speech, and motor rehabilitation, assist in mood regulation, and help individuals navigate difficult emotional changes and challenges